Thursday, September 13, 2012

JK is here... Lord Help me get through

Well we are almost at the second week of school, and still struggling to get through the day to day routine, the boys are only in half days, and I am finding it difficult to get organized, and settled. Our day starts with, waking up, pull up changes and what is supposed to be breakfast, I say supposed to be because it is actually a big feat of "no" "don't touch" "get out of the fridge" "sit down and eat" "leave your (sister, brother, dog) alone" "sit down and eat" "no school until after lunch" "no you cant have your snack" "put it back" "sit down and eat" "get in the house" " no touching"...... you get the point. this portion of our day usually ends in breakfast on the floor and everyone screaming and crying. Next its "ahh its only 9:00!!! What can we do to keep them busy tod....Dont touch!! Get out of there!!! NO SCHOOL UNTIL AFTER LUNCH!!!" this goes on for about an hour or so as we struggle to keep our little busy bodies busy, this usually ends in a short half our quiet time so that Mommy can get lunch ready and get everyones snacks repacked and just get over all organized. Lunch time is at roughly 11am and it starts with "Michael come on!!! why did you take your clothes off, why did you poop on the floor, why oh why will you not tell mommy and daddy when you have to go and go on the potty!?!?!?, come on lets go get you cleaned up and dressed its lunch time" things go pretty ok from here, the kids all eat lunch, Mommy finishes getting ready and its off to school we go....the walk is about a kilometre each way, so it burns off some energy so that they can focus a little better (I hope)however it also has its challenges, they are wearing their back packs so the monkey harnesses are not really an option here, but a brilliantly creative friend of mine thought of an idea to use her jogging strap on her stroller as a sort of handel for the kids to hold onto...hmmm thats great but I dont have one and I need 2...hmmmmm the leash (for lack of a better word)from the monkey harnesses would work great, now I have 2 handles and they boys actually hold on to them for the walk....what a relief because let me tell you we had some major challenges that first week, one day for example Aaron was walking them to school and John got away from him and ran out in front of a bus...FREAK OUT!!! Thank God in Heaven that my kids have angels all around them. Anyway from what I am told the school days have been going pretty good, they have an EA that stays in the class with them and although they cant sit still they have been coming home with good listening stamps every day, so that makes me proud..and jealous lol. The walk home is a little more challenging the kids are tired but excited about their day, but we make it, and the nightmare begins again..."dont touch" "away from the stove" "would you just for once go play with your toys and let me cook supper in....Aaron!!!!! Hopes on the table, Johns running out the door, and Michael wont get away from the stove HELP!!! Supper time is the same thing...then finally bath and bed...ahhh peace and..bark bark bark bark...REALLY!!!! :( That is our day in a nut shell, its a challange and most days I just want run away, find a new life and forget all the struggles and challanges, I mean my house is a right off, laundry doesnt even get folded and its back in the dirty pile, Im tired and emotionally worn out.....But!!! BUT!!! Every night I go to bed and I think about my day, and I try very (sometimes very very very) hard to find the new positive....hey John ate all his supper without getting out of his chair tonight, Michael didnt bang his head at all today, Hope said a new word, I have a husband who loves me at my best and worst, and I remember that life is short and time travels fast, and before I know it my kids will be off having their own challenges, how I handle mine will teach them how to handel theirs, so we will continue to do the best we know how, we will continue to be open to learning new and creative ways to encourage our kids to learn and grow, we will be the best parents we can be. For anyone who has been following, I know my blogs are far and few between, I am sure you all can understand that my hands are very full, anyway the point I want to make is that yes in my previous blog the head banging and fecal smearing had almost stopped, but now I am mentioning it again, well that is because the boys fell back into old habits, this is common, we have had it happen a couple of times actually.... when they were babies, like 10-12 months, I could get them to repeat some words then one day they stopped then when they were 2.5 they were learning words through therapy, we moved just after their 3rd birthday and a couple months later they just stopped again....it wasn't until early spring that they really started talking again like in sentences...I hope it sticks...but anyway that is just an example of how things change some times its like 1 step forward and 2 back or at least thats what it feels like. They will get there one of these days, it just takes patience over and over again. Enough for now, (gotta go get the boys from school) Take care Niki

No comments:

Post a Comment